My life

Lurching from one disaster to another...just a suburban princess trying to get by!



Monday 6 June 2011

Small things…

You all know what it’s like, you are having a rough patch, things aren’t going as you had hoped, or everything just gets on top of you.  It doesn’t even have to be that dramatic, we have all had times when you wonder why you bother, who cares anyway, it doesn’t matter what you do things just don’t go the right way.
There is huge pressure to be happy, to live the perfect life, to do your best ALL the time! To keep a perfect home, be the perfect parent, wife, lover…whatever.   There are news stories, TV shows and even blogs dedicating themselves to this end…and that’s not bad, if it works for you great.  I read these and sometimes it just makes me feel sad, or inferior or just plain pissed off.  I do my best. 
I’m an intelligent woman and should know better but sometimes the doubts trickle in, everyone else is so much better at “stuff” than me, but then I realise that no-one is perfect, a lot of people just don’t focus on the negative, it isn’t wrong to express how positive things are in your life, it’s just that I –and maybe some of you?- need to realise that just because it isn’t talked about doesn’t mean that these people don’t also have doubts and fears, bad days and problems too.
What we need to remember is things ALWAYS resolve themselves one way or another.  It may not be the perfect solution, it may not be the outcome you were looking for but the situation will pass…so no point beating yourself up of stressing about things, it is what it is and it’s how you deal with it that counts.   If we do the best we can as individuals and can hold our heads up high then sometimes that might just have to be enough.
Some things are out of our control and we just have to hang on and try to enjoy the ride…
…in the meantime, try to look for the small things that bring a smile to your face, make you chuckle or even just lift your spirits for a bit.
I found this little guy in the back of my pen drawer the other day.  Just a little throw-away gift from a supplier, but for some reason I like him, he brought a smile to my face on a not so great day, and sometimes that’s all it takes to get you through!
Identity changed to protect the innocent...

FYBF



4 comments:

  1. This is excellent advice. I have come to basically the same conclusion but need to remind myself of it more often. What will be will be. And even if I've stuffed up, I just have to deal with it and learn from my mistakes. And you're right, there's still plenty to smile about anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always the little things that ground us, bring us back to where we should be. Love that little dude too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely the little things that keep it real. x

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...