My life

Lurching from one disaster to another...just a suburban princess trying to get by!



Friday 22 July 2011

Dude… is that lippy on your teeth?

Now, before we start I would like to make it quite clear that MrQ wouldn’t wear make-up, I can barely get him to moisturise!  Shampoo, body wash, deo, aftershave balm and a teeth clean and he’s done, ready to go. And I am happy with that, he looks good and who wants a husband who spends more time in front of the mirror than them?

There has always been the need for actors and performers to wear make-up when they are working, I get that. 

Adam Lambert
There have also always been blokes who will wear make-up to create their public persona, to get noticed, to cause controversy…I understand that.

Boy George




Ben Affleck
I can also understand the need to cover up imperfections, to look your best, and I guess if a man feels the need to use make-up to do that then I am OK with that too.

Matt McConaughey

 BUT

Before the boys dip into the Revlon, slap on the Maybelline or trowel on the Max Factor I think a bit of guidance is required.  Something along the lines of:

Less is more:

Zac Efron goes girlie...

A natural look is best:

John Travolta channeling his "heart attack" look

Eye-liner has the word EYE in it for a reason:

Benji Madden
Joel Madden

Leave the blusher for the girls:

Daniel Redcliffe...who laid off the booze just in time.


Maybe skills should be taught in schools, at footy training and the office…

...cosmetic companies could clean up.

I myself am unconvinced, call me old fashioned, don’t want to share my lippy with my man.


What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...