My life

Lurching from one disaster to another...just a suburban princess trying to get by!



Wednesday 17 October 2012

Dumbass...

Picture the scene.

A local coffee shop for lunch.

I regularly eat there, they do a mean veggie quiche, but not every time I go there.



I walk up to the counter and ask if the quiche is vegetarian. You know, whether there is meat in it or not..

Blank look.

She turned to the other lady and asked.

Another blank look.

I suggested they have a look at it and see.

Blank look at each other.

I suggested they lift a slice and see.

With much confusion eventually the piece of quiche was lifted and inspected.  The consensus was that it was vegetarian and would "meet" my needs.

I could see suspicious pink particles in the quiche.

I asked if they were sure.  They said yes. 

I was then stunned to be told that yes, there was bacon in the quiche but it would still meet my vegetarian needs.

I suggested that bacon was, in fact, meat.

Another blank stare...

...I just had a drink.

Love Jo xxx

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable! Was it a langauage barrier, or just a case of stupidity?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...